Request for Proposal (RFP)
For the Selection of an Operator
To Establish Common Service Center (CSCs)
For the Provision of Internet and Internet Telephony Services
In the Selected VDCs of Nepal
(First Date of Publication: 30th December 2010)
Second Date of Publication 18th Feb, 2011
- This RFP is issued by Nepal Telecommunications Authority (NTA) pursuant to the Telecommunications Act, 2053 (1997) (the “Act”) and the policy of the Government of Nepal (GoN) to expedite the development of telecommunications services. In particular, the RFP is aimed at providing access to Internet and Internet Telephony services through CSCs using public private partnership (PPP) model.
- Nepal Telecommunications Authority (NTA) now invites wax sealed proposals from eligible existing Internet Service Providers for the Authorization to establish Common Service Centers (CSCs) for the provision of Internet and Internet Telephony services in the selected VDCs under the subsidy program.
- NTA will provide fixed one-time subsidy (the “Subsidy”) to the Selected License Operator (SLO) to provide ICTs related services through CSCs. The subsidy amount would be provided from the Rural Telecom Development Fund (RTDF) managed by NTA and the selection of an operator will be based on the least subsidy provided that the set qualifications are met.
- The Authorization shall be the integral part of the existing license of the SLO and shall be valid throughout the period of validity of the existing license.
- Interested eligible Operators may obtain further information from NTAand the RFP document can also be viewed at NTA website (www.nta.gov.np).
- The bidding document (RFP) in English may be purchased by interested operators on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee NRs. 5000.00 (Five Thousand Nepalese Rupees only) in favour of Nepal Telecommunications Authority (NTA) in its Account No. A/C 0106011664201 in the Nabil Bank Ltd. Tindhara, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- The proposal must be delivered to the address below at or before 15:00 hour on 4th March 2011. All proposals must be accompanied by a bid security of NRs. 75,000.00 from a commercial bank located in Nepal. Late proposals will be rejected. The proposals will be opened in the presence of the Operators’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below immediately after bid submission i.e. at 15:00 hour on 4th March 2011. If the deadline specified above falls on government holiday, the deadline shall be extended automatically to the next working day at the same time.
- NTA reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals, without assigning any reason whatsoever.