Request for Expression of Interest (EoI) for the Selection of Institutions/Colleges
to conduct research and study for the development of Telecommunication sector
First Date of Publication: November 29, 2012
Second Date of Publication: December 20, 2012
1. This Expression of Interest (EoI) has been issued as per the functions and duties assigned to Nepal Telecommunications Authority (NTA) pursuant to the Telecommunications Act, 2053 (1997) (the “Act”). NTA, hereby, intends to sign Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with different Engineering Institutions/Colleges to Colleges to conduct research and study in the field of Telecommunications/ICTs sector and will provide a financial support to the selected Institutions/Colleges for the same.
2. The institutions/colleges passed out at least two batches of Graduate and/ or Undergraduate in Electronics/ Communication / Computer /Biomedical Engineering and /or Computer Science or equivalent will only be eligible for this EoI.
3. NTA now invites EoI from interested eligible engineering Institutions/Colleges and is required to provide information regarding their experience, number of graduate and undergraduate engineering students, number of fulltime faculties and other related infrastructures (laboratories, equipment etc.), similar activities carried out in the past in the format provided Data Sheet in NTA’s website www.nta.gov.np.
4. EoI must be duly signed, wax sealed and delivered to the address below at or before 15:00 hour on January 3,2012.If the deadline specifies above falls on government holiday, the deadline shall be extended automatically to the next working day. Interested eligible institutions/colleges may obtain further information from NTAat the address given below during the office hours.
5. The criteria for selection of the eligible Universities/Institutions/Colleges is set as follows:
(i) Academic history of Universities/ Institutions/Colleges
(ii) Qualification and Competency of the related personnel’s’ and Universities/ Institutions/Colleges in the field of Telecommunications/ICTs.
(iii) Institutional Facilities such as related Laboratories, Equipment etc.
(iv) Enrollment of the Electronics/ Communication/Computer/Biomedical Engineering or/ and Computer Science students
(v) Similar activities carried out in the past years.
6. NTA reserves the right to accept or reject any or all EoIs, without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Nepal Telecommunications Authority (NTA)
Bluestar Office Complex, Tripureshwor, Kathmandu, Nepal
Phone: 4101030/31/32; Fax: 4101034;