Request for Expression of Interest (EoI) for the Selection of Institutions/Colleges to conduct research and study for the development of Telecommunication/ICT sector
First Date of Publication: 25 March, 2011 1.
- This Expression of Interest (EoI) has been issued as per the functions and duties assigned to Nepal Telecommunications Authority (NTA) pursuant to the Telecommunications Act, 2053 (1997) (the “Act”). NTA, hereby, intends to sign Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with different Universities/ Institutions/Colleges to conduct research and study in the field of telecommunications/ ICTs and will provide a financial support to the selected Universities/ Institutions/Colleges for the same.
- The Universities/ Institutions/Colleges should passed out at least two batches of Graduate and/ or Undergraduate in Electronics/ Communication / Computer Engineering or/ and Computer/ IT Science or equivalent to be eligible for the submission of EoI.
- NTA now invites EoI from interested eligible Universities/ Institutions/Colleges and is required to provide information regarding their experience, number of graduate and undergraduate students, number of fulltime faculties and other related infrastructures (laboratories, equipment etc.), similar activities carried out in the past in the data sheet provided in NTA’s website www.nta.gov.np .
- EoI must be duly signed, wax sealed and delivered to the address below at or before 15:00 hour on 26 April, 2011. If the deadline specifies above falls on government holiday, the deadline shall be extended automatically to the next working day. Interested eligible Universities/ Institutions/Colleges may obtain further information from NTA at the address given below during the office hours.
- The criteria for selection of the eligible Universities/ Institutions/Colleges is set as follows:
- Academic history of Universities/ Institutions/Colleges
- Qualification and Competency of the related personnel’s’ and Universities/ Institutions/Colleges in the field of Telecommunications/ ICTs.
- Institutional Facilities such as related Laboratories, Equipment etc.
- Enrollment of the Electronics/ Communication/Computer Engineering or/ and Computer/ IT Science students
- Similar activities carried out in the past years.
- NTA reserves the right to accept or reject any or all EoIs, without assigning any reason whatsoever.