Invitation for Bids (Rebid)
Government of Nepal (GoN)
Telecommunications Sector Reform Project (TSRP)
Supply and Delivery Computers, Printers, Scanners, Faxes,
Photocopy Machines, UPS, Ethernet Switches, Web Cams and Voltage Stabilizers
IFB No. TSRP – 16G – 07/ 08; IDACredit No.3581-NEP
- This invitation for bids follows the general procurement notice for this project that appeared in Development Business, issue no.589 of August 31, 2002.
- Government of Nepalhas receiveda credit from the International Development Association toward the cost of Telecommunications Sector Reform Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the contract for Supply and Delivery of Computers, Printers, Scanners, Faxes, Photocopy Machines, UPS, Ethernet Switches, Web Cams and Voltage Stabilizers and other accessories for Public ICT Centres.
- Nepal Telecommunications Authority (NTA), now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Supply and delivery of Computers (205 in numbers), Printers (40 in nos.), Scanners (29 in nos.), Faxes (16 in nos.), Photocopy Machines (29 in nos.), UPS (111 in nos.), Ethernet Switches (52 in nos.), Web Cams (35 in nos.) and Voltage Stabilizers (29 in nos.). These equipments are to be used in establishing ICT centers so as to increase the access of the people to ICT services.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, published by the Bank in January 1995 and revised in January and August 1996, September 1997 and January 1999 and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the Guidelines.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from NTA at the address given below from 2:00PM to 5:00PM. The bidding documents can also be viewed at NTA website (www.nta.gov.np).
- A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee NRs. 3,000.00 for a complete set.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 15:00 hour, May 24, 2009. All bids must be accompanied by original bid security in the format provided in the bid documents or a Bank Voucher certifying a cash deposit at Nepal Rastra Bank, Thapathali, Kathmandu, Account Number TSRP 174210-059 for an amount of US$2,600or Nepalese Rupees (NRs.) 1,77,000.00 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency. Successful bidder shall also be required to furnish a performance security at 10 percent of the contract amount within 30 days of issuance of letter of award.
- Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representative who chooses to attend at the address below immediately after bid submission i.e. at 15:00 hour, May 24, 2009. However, the opening of bids shall not be held up due to absence of the bidders or their representatives. If the deadline specifies above falls on the government holiday, the deadline shall be extended automatically to the next working day at the same time.
- The NTA reserves the right to accept or reject any or all Bids, without assigning any reason whatsoever.