Invitation for Bids
Government of Nepal (GoN)
Telecommunications Sector Reform Project (TSRP)
Supply, Delivery and Installation of VSAT, Backhaul radio, WiFi, Routers and other Accessories
IFB No. TSRP – 17G – 07/ 08; IDA Credit No.3581-NEP
First Date of Publication: May 15, 2008
- This invitation for bids follows the general procurement notice for this project that appeared in Development Business, issue no.589 of August 31, 2002.
- Government of Nepal has received a credit from the International Development Association toward the cost of Telecommunications Sector Reform Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the contract for Supply, Delivery and Installation of VSAT Set, Backhaul Radio, WiFi, Routers and Other Accessories.
- Nepal Telecommunications Authority (NTA), now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Supply, Delivery and Installation of VSAT Sets (5 sets), Backhaul Radios (10 sets.), WiFi (27 in nos.), Routers (6 in nos.), SM (2 sets) SIP phones (25), Multifunction machines (19); Ethernet Cable (6 bundles) and Other Accessories. These equipments are to be used in establishing ICT centers so as to increase the access of the people to ICT services.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, published by the Bank in January 1995 and revised in January and August 1996, September 1997 and January 1999 and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the Guidelines.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from NTA and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 2:00 PM to 4: 00 PM. The bidding documents can also be viewed at NTA website (www.nta.gov.np).
- A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee NRs.3000.00 for a complete set.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 13:00 hour, 23rd June 2008. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of US$1,400 or Nepalese Rupees (NRs.) 95,000.00 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below immediately after bid submission i.e. at 13:00 hour, 23rd June 2008. If the deadline specifies above falls on government holiday, the deadline shall be extended automatically to the next working day at the same time.