NEPAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS AUTHORITY (NTA)
Kamaladi, Kathmandu, Nepal
Invitation for Application to Build Broadband optical network and Provide Internet Access Connectivity Services in 5 Districts
(IFA No. 01/NTA/2076/077)
(First Date of Publication: 23rd July 2019)
- Nepal Telecommunications Authority, Kamaladi, Kathmandu is collecting two percent of Gross Adjusted Revenue as a Rural Telecommunication Development Fund (RTDF) every year from the Service providers in telecommunications sector as per the Telecommunication Act, 2053 B.S. and intends to apply a part of RTDF to cover eligible financial subsidy to the selected (based on this RFA) Internet service provider (ISP) licensee(s) to build broadband Optical Network and provide Internet Access connectivity services in 5 Districts viz Banke, Bardiya, Dang, Kailali and Kanchanpur.
- The Chairman, on behalf of NTA, invites Requests for Applications (RFA) for the award of the contract from existing NTA Internet service provider licensees to build broadband Optical Fiber network and provide Internet Access connectivity services in the above 5 Districts within 12 months. NTA will provide subsidy to the successful Applicant from RTDF to establish broadband optical network and provide Internet/data access connectivity in all Munciplity, Rural Muncipality (Gaun Palika), Ward offices, health centers/health posts and public educational institutions (higher secondary schools and secondary schools). The contract (subsidy) shall be provided to the qualified and successful applicant that has applied for lowest subsidy.
- As part of the eligibility the applicant will be required in their applicantions to demonstrate that they meet several criteria, of which some are listed below:
- Minimum Contribution of Average Anuual Rural Telecommunications Development Fund (RTDF) of last three fiscal years: NPR 1000,000.00.
- Minimum of 1000Km of transmission (optical, microwave, PMP, wireless) network in operation.
- Minimum of 25,000 (Fixed) internet or data subscribers.
- Positive Net worth.
- Applicants may obtain further information from the office of Nepal Telecommunications Authority,Kamaladi, Kathmandu, Nepal, Tel:+977-1-4255474, Fax: +977-1-4255250, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. RFA document shall be made available at NTA website nta.gov.np.
- The Scope of work, eligibility criteria and qualification requirement are included in RFA.
- Pre-Application meeting shall be held at Nepal Telecommunications Authority, Kamaladi, Kathmandu, Nepal on 5th August 2019, 14:00 Hrs.
- RFA documents may be purchased from NTA by eligible Applicants on the submission of a written Application, and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Rs 20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand only) before 19th August, 2019.
- The fee for the document is to be deposited in
Bank Account No.: 0106011664201
Name of the Account holder: Nepal Telecommunications Authority
Name and address of Bank: Nabil Bank Limited, Kathmandu
- Application must be valid for a period of 120 (One hundred twenty) days counting from the day of Application opening and must be accompanied by bid security, amounting to a minimum of NRs 25,000,000.00 (In words NRs Twenty Five Million only) for this bidding, which shall be valid for minimum of 30 days beyond the Application validity period.
- Sealed Applications shall be submitted to NTA on or before 21st August, 2019, 12:00 Hrs. Applications received after this deadline shall not be accepted.
- Applications shall be opened in the presence of Applicants’ representatives who desire to attend, on 21st August, 2019, 12:30 Hrs at the office of NTA, Kamaladi, Kathmandu,
- If date of pre-application and last date of purchasing, submission and opening falls on a public holiday then the next working day and stipulated time shall be considered.
- NTA shall not allow Joint Venture (JV).
- NTA reserves the right to accept or reject, wholly or partly any or all the Applications.