NEPAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS AUTHORITY (NTA)
Kamaladi, Kathmandu, Nepal
Invitation for Application to Build Broadband Network and Provide Internet Access Connectivity Services in 5 Districts of Province 1
(IFA No. 04/NTA/2075/076)
(First Date of Publication: 13th June, 2019)
- Nepal Telecommunications Authority, Kamaladi, Kathmandu is collecting two percent of Gross Adjusted Revenue as a Rural Telecommunication Development Fund (RTDF) every year from the Service providers in telecommunications sector as per the Telecommunication Act, 2053 B.S. and intends to apply a part of RTDF to cover eligible financial subsidy to the selected (based on this RFA) Internet service provider (ISP) licensee(s) to build broadband Network (Optical Fiber & Microwave technology) and provide Internet Access connectivity services in 5 Districts of Province 1 viz Illam, Jhapa, Morang, Sunsari and Udaypur
- The Chairman, on behalf of NTA, invites Requests for Applications (RFA) for the award of the contract from existing NTA Internet service provider licensees to build broadband Optical network and provide Internet Access connectivity services in the above 5 Districts within 12 months. NTA will provide subsidy to the successful Applicant from RTDF to establish broadband hybrid network and provide Internet/data access connectivity in all Munciplity, Rural Muncipality (Gaun Palika), Ward offices, health centers/health posts and public educational institutions (higher secondary schools and secondary schools). The contract (subsidy) shall be provided to the qualified and successful applicant that has applied for lowest subsidy.
- As part of the eligibility the applicant will be required in their applications to demonstrate that they meet several criteria, of which some are listed below:
- Minimum Contribution of Average Annual Rural Telecommunications Development Fund (RTDF) in the last three year: NPR 1,000,000.
- Minimum of 1000Km of transmission (optical, microwave, PMP, wireless) network in operation.
- Minimum of 25,000 (Fixed) internet or data subscribers.
- Positive Net worth.
- Applicants may obtain further information and inspect the RFA documents at the office of Nepal Telecommunications Authority, Kamaladi, Kathmandu, Nepal, Tel:+977-1-4255474, Fax: +977-1-4255250, Email: email@example.com, nta.gov.np
- The Scope of work, eligibility criteria and qualification requirement are explained in RFA which is available at http://www.nta.gov.np for the reference.
- Pre-Application meeting shall be held at Nepal Telecommunications Authority, Kamaladi, Kathmandu, Nepal on 17th July, 2019, 14:00 Hrs.
- RFA documents may be purchased from the above office by eligible Applicants on the submission of a written Application, and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Rs 20,000 (Twenty Thousand only) before 25th July, 2019.
- The fee for the document is to be deposited in
Deposit Account No.: 0106011664201
Name of the Account holder: Nepal Telecommunications Authority
Name and address of Bank: Nabil Bank Limited, Kathmandu
- Application must be valid for a period of 120 (One Hundred Twenty) days counting from the day of Application opening and must be accompanied by bid security, amounting to a minimum of NRs28,000,000.00 (In words NRs Twenty Eight Million only) for this bidding, which shall be valid for minimum 30 days beyond the Application validity period.
- Sealed Applications shall be submitted to the above office on or before 28th July, 2019, 12:00 Hrs. Applications received after this deadline shall not be accepted.
- Applications shall be opened in the presence of Applicants’ representatives who desire to attend, on 28th July 2019, 12:30 Hrs at the office of NTA, Kamaladi, Kathmandu,
- If the last date of purchasing, submission and opening falls on a public holiday then the next working day and stipulated time shall be considered the last day and time.
- Joint Venture (JV) is not allowed.
- NTA reserves the right to accept or reject, wholly or partly any or all the Applications.