NEPAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS AUTHORITY (NTA)
Kamaladi, Kathmandu, Nepal
Invitation for Application to Build Broadband Network and Provide Internet Access Connectivity Services in 5 Districts
(IFA No. 02/NTA/2075/076)
(First Date of Publication: 21 December 2018)
1. Nepal Telecommunications Authority, Kamaladi, Kathmandu has been collecting two percent of Gross Adjusted Revenue of Telecom service Providers as a Rural Telecommunication Development Fund (RTDF) every year pursuant to section 30 of the Telecommunication Act, 2053 B.S. and intends to apply a part of RTDF to cover eligible financial subsidy to the selected (based on this RFA) Internet service provider (ISP) licensee(s) to build broadband access Network and provide Internet services in 5 Districts viz Banke, Bardiya, Dang, Kailali and Kanchanpur.
2. The Chairman, on behalf of NTA, invites Requests for Applications (RFA) for the award of the contract from eligible Internet service providers to build broadband access network and provide Internet services in the above 5 Districts within 12 months. NTA will provide subsidy to the successful Applicant from RTDF to establish broadband access network and provide Internet services in all Municipality, Rural Municipality (Gaun Palika), Ward offices, health centers/health posts and public educational institutions (higher secondary schools and secondary schools). The contract shall be awarded to the qualified and successful applicant as per RFA terms and conditions.
3. The applicant shall meet the following requirements to be eligible to participate in this RFA.
• Minimum Contribution of average NPR 200,000.00 in the RTDF for the last three fiscal years.
• Shall have cleared all necessary dues as per the license condition.
• Minimum of 100Km transmission (optical, microwave, wireless) network in operation.
• Minimum 5,000 (Fixed) Internet subscribers.
• Positive Net worth.
4. Applicants may obtain further information from the office of Nepal Telecommunications Authority,Kamaladi, Kathmandu, Nepal, Tel:+977-1-4255474, Fax: +977-1-4255250, Email: email@example.com.
5. The Scope of work, eligibility criteria and qualification requirement are included in RFA.
6. Pre-Application meeting shall be held at Nepal Telecommunications Authority, Kamaladi, Kathmandu, Nepal on 21 January 2019, 14:00 Hrs.
7. RFA documents may be purchased from NTA by eligible Applicants on the submission of a written Application, and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Rs 20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand only) before 31 January, 2019. Softcopy of the RFA document is available at NTA website www.nta.gov.np.
8. The document purchase fee has to be deposited in the following Accounts.
Bank Account No.: 0106011664201
Name of the Account holder: Nepal Telecommunications Authority
Name and address of Bank: Nabil Bank Limited, Kathmandu
9. Application must be valid for a period of 120 (One hundred twenty) days counting from the day of Application opening and must be accompanied by bid security, amounting to a minimum of NRs 25,000,000.00 (NRs Twenty Five Million only) for this bidding, which shall be valid for minimum of 30 days beyond the Application validity period.
10. Sealed Applications shall be submitted to NTA on or before 3rd February, 2019, 13:00 Hrs. Applications received after this deadline shall not be accepted.
11. Applications shall be opened in the presence of Applicants’ representatives who desire to attend, on 3rd February, 2019, 13:30 Hrs at the office of NTA, Kamaladi, Kathmandu,
12. If date of pre-application and last date of purchasing, submission and opening falls on a public holiday then the next working day and stipulated time shall be considered.
13. The Applicant can not be a Joint Venture (JV).
14. NTA reserves the right to accept or reject, wholly or in part, any or all the Applications.
RFA Document: PDF