NEPAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS AUTHORITY (NTA)
Kamaladi, Kathmandu, Nepal
Invitation for Bid
Supply, Delivery and Installation, Commissioning of Equipment to Establish IT Labs in 930 Government High Schools of 7 Provinces
(Contract No. IFA No.01/NTA/ITL-2075/76)
(First Date of Publication: 16 May, 2019)
1. The Information Communication Technology (ICT) Policy, 2015 presents a comprehensive national vision to create foundational groundwork for an overarching vision of “Digital Nepal” through (i) enhancing the quality of education through trainings using ICT, (ii) formulation of various programs and activities to promote the e-school, e-learning and e-education modalities (iii) efficient implementation of the strategy, ‘ICT in Education Master Plan’.
2. Ministry of Communication & Information Technology,Government of Nepal has approved Working Procedure for the Establishment& Management of IT Lab, 2075 with the roles and responsibilities of the Local Government, Nepal Telecommunications Authority and Schools for the effective utilization of ICT for enhancing quality Education.
3. NTA has own fund and part of the proceeds of this fund will be used for payment under the contract for the Supply, Delivery and Installation& Commissioning of Equipment for the establishment and management of IT Labs in 930 Government High Schools of 7 provinces.
4. NTA now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders either as a single firm or in JV for the Procurement of Supply, Delivery, Installation, Establishment and Management of IT Lab in the Government High Schools.
5. National Competitive Bidding (NCB) will be conducted in accordance with PPMO’s bidding procedure and in accordance with NTA Procurement Bylaw.
6. Only eligible bidders with the following key qualifications-should participate in this bidding:
a. The Bidder shall have a minimum of last Ten (10) years overall experience in the supply of Goods and related services. In case of JV, at least one partner must meet the requirement.
b. The Bidder shall have a minimum of last Five (05) years specific experience in the supply of similar Goods and related services of nature to government enterprises or private institutions. In case of JV, at least one partner must meet the requirement
c. The minimum supply value of goods under a single contract within the last five years should be NRs 1.8 Billion. In case of JV at least one partner must meet the requirement.
d. The average annual turnover should be NRs. 2.0 Billion for the best three years of the last five years.In case of JV, at least one partner must meet the 40 percent of the total requirement, other partners must meet at least 25 percent of the total requirement and all partners combined must meet the total requirement.
e. The Bidder shall have experience of at least 4successful contracts relating to Supply, delivery, Installation, Commissioning of IT Equipment to at least 2 Government/Semi-Government/Public institutions having a contract worth of at least NRs 120 million .
f. The bidders’ net worth of last three fiscal year calculated as the difference between the total assets and total liabilities should be positive. In case of JV, all partners must meet the requirement.
7. To obtain further information and inspect Bidding documents at the office of Nepal Telecommunications Authority, Kamaladi, Kathmandu, Nepal, Tel: 977-1-4255474, Fax: +977-1-4255250, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.nta.gov.np
8. To purchase the Bidding Document in English, eligible bidders should write to above address requesting the bidding documents on or before 30 June 2019 paying a non-refundable fee for the bidding document of NRs 20,000.00 (Twenty thousand Rupees Only) in the following Bank account;
Name of Bank : Nabil Bank, Kathmandu
Account Name : Nepal Telecommunications Authority
Account No. : 0106011664201
9. Pre-bid meeting may be held at Nepal Telecommunications Authority, Kamaladi, Kathmandu, Nepal on 21 June 2019, 14:00 Hrs.
10. Deliver your bid:
• To the address above
• On or before 01 July 2019; 12:00 hrs. Local Time (NST)
• Together with a Bid Security in the amount as specified in the Bidding Document (Data Sheet)
• Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.
• In case the day of Bid submission falls on a public holiday, the Bid submission date shall be following working day.
11. Bid Application must be valid for a period of 120 (One hundred and Twenty) days counting from the day of Bid opening and must be accompanied by bid security which shall be valid for minimum 30 days beyond the Application validity period.
12. Nepal Telecommunications Authority will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of Bids.
Bid Document: PDF