NEPAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS AUTHORITY (NTA)
Kamaladi, Kathmandu, Nepal
Invitation for Application to Build Broadband Network and Provide Internet Access Connectivity Services in 5 Districts of Province 4
(IFA No. 07/NTA/2074/075)
(First Date of Publication: 26th Feburary, 2018)
- Nepal Telecommunications Authority, Kamaladi, Kathmandu is collecting two percent of Gross Adjusted Revenue as a Rural Telecommunication Development Fund (RTDF) every year from the Service providers in telecommunications sector as per the Telecommunication Act, 2053 B.S. and intends to apply a part of RTDF to cover eligible financial subsidy to the selected (based on this RFA) Internet service provider (ISP) licensee(s) to build broadband Network (Optical Fiber & Microwave technology) and provide Internet Access connectivity services in 5 Districts of Province 4 viz Lamjung, Tanhu, Parbat, Kaski and Syangja
- The Chairman, on behalf of NTA, invites Requests for Applications (RFA) for the award of the contract from existing NTA Internet service provider licensees to build broadband hybrid (Optical Fiber & Microwave) network and provide Internet Access connectivity services in the above 5 Districts within 12 months. NTA will provide subsidy to the successful Applicant from RTDF to establish broadband hybrid network and provide Internet/data access connectivity in all Munciplity, Rural Muncipality (Gaun Palika), Ward offices, health centers/health posts and public educational institutions (higher secondary schools and secondary schools). The contract (subsidy) shall be provided to the qualified and successful applicant that has applied for lowest subsidy.
- As part of the eligibility the appliocant will be required in their applicantions to demonstrate that they meet several criteria, of which some are listed below:
- Minimum Contribution of Average Anuual Rural Telecommunications Development Fund (RTDF): NPR 200,000.
- Minimum of 100Km of transmission (optical, microwave, PMP, wireless) network in operation.
- Minimum of 5,000 (Fixed) internet or data subscribers.
- Positive Net worth.
- Applicants may obtain further information and inspect the RFA documents at the office of Nepal Telecommunications Authority,Kamaladi, Kathmandu, Nepal, Tel:+977-1-4255474, Fax: +977-1-4255250, Email: email@example.com, nta.gov.np
- The Scope of work, eligibility criteria and qualification requirement are explained in RFA which is available at http://126.96.36.199 for the reference.
- Pre-Application meeting shall be held at Nepal Telecommunications Authority, Kamladi, Kathmandu, Nepal on 30th March, 2018, 14:00 Hrs.
- RFA documents may be purchased from the above office by eligible Applicants on the submission of a written Application, and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Rs 20,000 (Twenty Thousand only) before 8th April, 2018.
- The fee for the document is to be deposited in
Deposit Account No.: 0106011664201
Name of the Account holder: Nepal Telecommunications Authority
Name and address of Bank: Nabil Bank Limited, Kathmandu
- Application must be valid for a period of 90 (Ninety) days counting from the day of Application opening and must be accompanied by bid security, amounting to a minimum of NRs11,650,000.00 (Eleven Million Six Hunderd Fifty Thousand) only for this bidding, which shall be valid for minimum 30 days beyond the Application validity period.
- Sealed Applications shall be submitted to the above office on or before 11th April, 2018, 15:00 Hrs. Applications received after this deadline shall not be accepted.
- Applications shall be opened in the presence of Applicants’ representatives who desire to attend, on 11th April, 2018, 16:00 Hrs at the office of NTA, Kamaladi, Kathmandu,
- If the last date of purchasing, submission and opening falls on a public holiday then the next working day and stipulated time shall be considered the last day and time.
- Joint Venture (JV) is not allowed.
- NTA reserves the right to accept or reject, wholly or partly any or all the Applications.
Request for Application: PDF