Invitation for Application on Auction of
Residual Spectrum in 900/1800/2100 MHz Bands
First Publication Date: 19th December 2018
Nepal Telecommunications Authority (NTA), under the provisions of Telecommunication Regulations , 2054, and Telecommunications Service Radio Frequency ( Distribution and Pricing related) Policy, 2069 and First Amendment, 2073 (Policy), invites applications from interested prospective Applicants (Licensees) in order to assign the rights to use residual spectrum in 900 MHz, 1800 MHz and 2100 MHz Bands by means of Auction.
1. The Auction will be carried out in two stages. First, the Applicants will be pre-qualified based on the set criteria, then followed by Multi- Step Sealed Auction process.
2. The Applicant who meets all the following eligibility criteria can participate in the Auction process:
i. An Applicant must have either Basic Telephone Service License or Mobile Service License issued from NTA.
ii. An Applicant must have cleared all dues including Royalty, RTDF and Spectrum Fees.
iii. An Applicant should not be a defaulter to NTA.
3. The Applicant, who has maximum ceiling of spectrum in each band pursuant to the Policy, is not eligible to participate in the respective band of Auction Process.
4. The Last date for the submission of Pre-qualification bid is 35th day from the First Date of Publication of this Notice.
5. The Applicant, who wishes to participate in the Auction of 900 MHz, 1800 MHz and 2100 MHz Bands, must buy and submit Bid documents separately for each band.
6. The cost of Bid document is Rs. 10,000 (Ten Thousand Rupees) per Bid document.
7. For the purpose of submitting the Application, the Applicant must buy the Bid Documents from NTA at the following address.
8. Interested Applicant may, for their reference, obtain a copy of Bid documents from following links.
900 MHz Band Auction Document: PDF
1800 MHz Band Auction Document:PDF
2100 MHz Band Auction Document: PDF
9. For further clarification, please contact Deputy Director, Spectrum Management Section.
Nepal Telecommunications Authority
Shree Kunj (Opposite to Nepal Academy)
GPO Box :9754
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com